Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Lost Weekend

Ok so that title is misleading, but I was in the mood for a random Lennon reference! I got back from Ohio/West Virginia around 5am monday morning. I feel like I should maybe post here more. I'm rarely on my computer these days though and I never think about posting much. Its like Facebook. When it isn't in front of my face (no pun intended) I just don't think of it. I've been off Facebook since the end of March. I was given a moth to go back. I'd have to miss it and I just don't. The pro's just don't outweigh the cons. I wasted so much of my time, contributed so little of anything important and had few people I enjoyed following. I just don't get much return here, though I do enjoy following posts. I've now added the blogs on here to my RSS feed, so I can actually follow people and maybe actually comment *gasp* so. On to the evaluation of my weekend.

The baby's mom asked how it went. My answer is "long, short; good, bad".I Loved being "home" they loved having me there. Even party pooper Matthew. (I think) he was at least nice when I was crying because I had to leave. Its a wonderful feeling to be somewhere that you fit and are loved and accepted. Its what family should be. Of course I avoided any scene by taking out my piercings and covering my ink. But I'd still be loved then, just her mom would have been so sad and upset and sad. I avoided that (I think) I didn't get to spend much time with the family. Mostly just steph, which was good, but I mised everyone else. I didn't like being with her loser boyfriend. I ended up getting in his face and bitching him out. He deserved it fully. He ruins so much with his whining and immaturity. Blah. He and steph went out saturday after she graduated. I would have gone too, but I was busy having needles repeatedly jammed into my flesh. I got a new tat. Its a quote from Jane Eyre between my shoulder blades. I've already been stopped and asked to be read several times... "Can I read you?" *sigh* I've also learned fast to say its from a 200 year old book. Jane eyre gets blank stares... Sad state of reading habits... I also got the equivalent of four tattoos done in one evening/morning. In concept its great, not to mention sounds badass (though only my wrists hurt....they're enough pain to make up for the other two though) its turned out to be a dumb idea. I shall tell you why. Part of the glorious healing process for tattoos is a wonderful time when they itch like crazy but you can't scratch, because it will possibly ruin the design.... Fine. Except it happens all at once to four of them.... And you end up like me and people think you're a loon for smacking at your back and your explanation is "its new" and then realizzing they may not actually see that there's anything there.... Yay. Then I rubbed my nose a lot. Oops. Nehoo, so I'm dealing with being rather itchy atm... Fun stuff. Worth it though. The artist was great, especially since there was potential for this to be quite awkwad. I didn't exactly plan my wardrobe very well and while wearing the tank top it covered the section he wouldbe working on. Draw your own conclusions.... There's also a chance that I have some punctuation errors since I kept forgetting to bring my copy of jane eyre that I lugged down specificaly for this purpose!! But let's hope spark notes is good :) it looked right. I know the quote itself is. So then the guy went over my other three tats completely. And attempted to fix one of them :) it wasn't "wrong" before, just not as close to my original concept. For all of you who know my fEelings abbout needles, let me proudly say I didn't cry grimace or hold any hands. Though I thought about it when he said he was going to hurt me. He went extra deep with the white, trying to make it extra super white. It was ok. Actually it hurt like crazy, but deep breathing is awesome! I'm fairly sure my father has noticed my latest ink. Youte not supposed to let much rub against it, so tanks for me! That also brings into question the sun exposure issue. *sigh* so many things to think of!

So I haven't been back to ohio since steph's dad's funeral. Going back made it real all over again. I sobbed to steph about it. The house felt so empty without him. I miss him. He should have been there and would have been so proud of steph. Her mom told me she loved me several times and wanted me to stay and live there. I'd love to live near them. I'd also have to hide so much. Again. Maybe I'll aim for AZ. I can dream....

When I saw steph at the airport, I gave probably the most enthusiastic greeting since I was a child. Running (while remembering to hold luggage lest I be mistaken for a crazed terrorist) screeching and flying arms. And almost luggage. I'm fairly sure people thought we were nuts. Thankfully it was West Virginia. They're all nuts. We went to visit steph's sister at the mall where she works. I discovered steph's lack of stealth. I was great and almost got to her unseen (crouching, finger gun poised and ready.) Steph popped her head up and all was lost. But it was fun. I saw the orangest person of my life who also had the worst accent I've heard. Worse than any other redneck accent you've heard. Ever. I barely held in my laughter. I shook hands with a girl at a store because in MD, her counterpart doesn't speak english. She was shocked. Then we went to get our nails done. Of course THEY were Vietnamese... *sigh* the one place I expected to find white people doing nails and nope.... Steph and rachael were on the verge of searching for a shop with white people i decided it was ok though...

i got to play with steph's brother's new guns :) we dueled. sort of. it was fun. and i played with the weapons in the tattoo shop. klingon weapons anyone? Its sharp! I had a blast. I wish I'd had a longer time though. I really miss all of them. I hope I can see them before rachael leaves for navy training. That's in november, so cross fingers! I'm keeping all the jewelry that hides my piercings and the wristbands I got to cover my wrists. Hopefully I'll have to use them again soon. If only my brother and sister-in-law and nephew would come visit.............. Not a hint or anything.... *nudgie nudgie poke poke*

Steph left today for her special european tour with poopface aka her boyfriend. He wouldn't shut up about everything they were going to see. Like the louvre (or loo as he says I think unaware of the difference between a loo and a museum...) He pissed me off. It didn't make the bitching out I gave him any less severe, I can tell you that. I think I completely shocked him. I know this is surprising, but it takes a lot to make me angry enough that I'm in your face yelling. I was so close to slapping his beaver face. I didn't think my excuse of aggravated assault would hold. I was aggravated though! He was backing off as far as his car seat let him. And didn't have the guts to text me himself to say I should have let them drive me home so we could work it out and that he didn't cry and that he was sorry for being bitchy. It felt really good after I was done shaking like crazy. I don't have much experience yelling anymore. Leaving home magically enabled me to be even-tempered. I could have even decided not to yell at him. He needed it though. Two years over-due. I let him off with a one-fingered salute then that he may not have seen....

I wish I'd gotten to go out with poop face and steph for her graduation. It wouldve been fun. I haven't been out in at least a year. It would be more fun with steph than with charlotte. *sigh* I got into the shop around 1030.... I didn't leave until maybe 2ish at the earliest. Then we ate an.....early breakfast? And I nearly saw a guy get tased. Ah west virginia.... I'm glad he was handcuffed when we left. I was good though during my inking and didn't laugh too hard when eric (the artist) was needling. It would have been bad. I kept telling him not to make me laugh. Apparently no one remembered me. Well one guy did, eventually but he has a weir memory ability. I confused a guy that was waaay out of it though. He came up to the owner of the shop as we were talking outside and said he would give his lighter to anyone who gave him a cigarette. So the owner gave him one but showed off his cool lighter. So I asked for the lighter instead. I used the word "proxy" I confused him... I got the lighter, but the poor fellow mumbled something about what a crazy world it is and I said yeah...waay trippy man. He just looked at me like I spoke latin to him. Good times. Then I left the lighter....

I believe I have rambled enough. I hate that I can't see anything on the screen so if I'm typo-filled, I'm sorry!!! And I ramble too much....

2 comments:

Bonnie Jean said...

Nudge, nudge, poke poke yourself. ;)

We're still working on figuring things out with being able to visit... besides the other complications, Justin didn't get the break from school between spring and summer we thought he would, so finding time for discussing plans has been difficult... but as soon as we have something solid in the works we'll let you know. :)

sleepyhamster said...

Did you have to get my ribs? OW! :) I'm really hoping you guys come up soon! I miss you both! I might like to meet my nephew too... I know its hard to figure everything out, but I really hope it works out!