Saturday, January 17, 2009

One Dream Down, Many More to Go...

It isn't as dismal as the title sounds. I've actually fulfilled one of my dreams. I have always wanted to have a corset. I FINALLY HAVE ONE!!!! I plan to wear it most of the time. It feels wonderful. It somehow supports my lower back, making it so it doesn't hurt like it usually does. It also forces me to sit and stand properly. It is AWESOME!!! I thought I was getting a blue one, but it came as purple...silly ebay. I still like it though. I don't plan to make it to Scarlett's amazing waist width of 18 inches, but it does shape me a bit. It really is mostly just for fun, but its being very useful for me too :-D I finally figured a way to make it work too since it um flattens some areas I didn't want flattened particularly, but I've fixed it!!!!! I had to be laced up, so that was fun too, definitely an experience. I felt like Scarlett telling Mammie to make it tighter. Modern day corsets have hooks and eyes up the front so I don't have to be laced up every day. I'm wondering if its ok to sleep in, cuz I really like how it feels and don't want to take it off. I have now to get myself a real Civil War dress and then I'll be good :-D I have another blog that I have been working on. It hasn't exactly been the most fun blog I've ever written. Its about my trip to Ohio. Its been good to at least be able to put my feelings down somewhere. I really miss it down there, and I miss being around Steph and her family...my family too. I felt so at home there, and really part of their family. Even Steph's Grandpa was like family. At one point, I just reached over and gave him a hug and didn't really even think about it until I'd already done it, but I just felt like family. I got to drive home with their Uncle Mick and Aunt Shawn and had a good time, I've officially adopted them as my Aunt and Uncle...and their two dogs as my cousins obviously...Matt I don't know if you're reading this, but if you are, I miss you little brother.

No comments: